AM or DM – Compliance and Control
|Role Title||Assistant / Deputy Manager (M9 / M10) – Controls & Compliance (Level will be determined later based on organization standard of experience and qualification)|
Founded by visionary entrepreneur Mr. Shashi Kiran Shetty, who continues to be at the helm as Chairman, the Avvashya Group is a multinational logistics conglomerate, headquartered in India. By expanding its service portfolio through capacity building, mergers and acquisitions as well as strategic partnerships, the Avvashya Group aims to deliver seamless, digitally-enabled logistics solutions to customers and establish market leadership by far, across diverse logistics verticals and regions it operates in. Allcargo Logistics, ECU Worldwide, Gati-KWE, Avvashya CCI and Allcargo Logistics and Industrial Parks Private Limited (ALIPPL) comprise the key group companies of the Avvashya Group.
|Reports to||Head – Controls & Compliance|
|Key Accountability Area (KRAs)||• Assist in design, implementation, documentation, assessment and monitor internal control framework, including group policies and key risks in order to ensure that the company has adequate controls to prevent frauds, revenue leakage in processes and business operations
• Assist in formulating policies and procedures to improve internal controls, compliance and efficiency
• Perform business and IT internal controls reviews
• Deliver adequate and timely reporting on the internal control framework and control deficiencies to ensure appropriate communication, documentation, escalation to busi-ness partners, senior management and Head – Controls & Compliance
• Perform adequate and timely action plans and monitor progress to address and re-solve control deficiencies
• Work collaboratively with business and process owners to implement and monitor re-mediation efforts that result from internal control assessments, ensuring the effective implementation of corrective action.
• Actively seek standardization and automation, apply and implement best practices for managing internal controls and deploy innovative technology where possible to en-hance and continuously improve the design and operating effectiveness of the con-trols, documentation, assessment and review procedures
• Actively engage with internal audit team to ensure consideration and resolution of all relevant risks and audit findings
• Develop and conduct adequate training and prepare related information material on the internal control objectives, approach and methodology to business partners on a regular basis to build knowledge and understanding of risks and control
• Stay current on best practices and latest thinking regarding processes, risk manage-ment and controls
|Qualification||Chartered Accountant and CISA|
|Experience||• 5 – 7+ from a similar position in a multinational group/ Indian listed entity/ Big 4 Audit firm or reputed consultancy delivering similar services.
• Strong analytical skills includes the ability to spot, assess and address risk, materiality and interdependencies and translate it into impact analysis for the financial reporting and recommendations for improvement
• Strong communication skills presenting internal control and risk matters in an under-standable way across various forums and levels of the organization with the right level of detail.
• Strong experience and interest for how technology and systems can support internal control effectiveness and efficiency
• Adaptable to working in a ever-changing environment
|Technical Competencies||• Solid understanding of internal control frameworks
• Solid understanding of accounting and financial processes including risk and financial controls
• Working experience on Microsoft Dynamics 365, Compliance tools, GRC tools etc.
• Assertive, clear and professional verbal and written communications
• Strong interpersonal, collaborative & conflict resolution skill.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including sound presentational skills
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
• Agility and ability to work effectively both as part of a team and independently
|Behavioral Competencies||• Holds unquestionable integrity, humility, and builds trust with key stakeholders
• Culturally aligned with the organization, in terms of being highly sensitive to the needs of customers, vendors and all stake holders
• Constantly looking to improve systems and reduce inefficiency
• Patience and dedication to build systems, process and team, maintain and sustain them
• Demonstrates flexibility, mental agility, and continuous learning
• Approachable, hands-on, has strong interpersonal skills
• Effective communicator with strong persuasive ability
• Vocal on raising issues and identifying problems, communicating critical information accurately and in a proactive manner