IT – Database Administrator
|Role Title||IT – Database Administrator|
GATI is the pioneer in Express Distribution and Supply Chain Solutions in India, with a strong presence in Asia Pacific region and SAARC countries. The Company has an extensive network across India providing timely deliveries to 19000 pin-codes, covering 667 out of 671 districts in India.
|Reports to||Head – IT Infrar|
|Required Skills||• Ideally with 5-7 years of experience with Oracle and MySQL on installation, administration and troubleshooting skillset.
• Expertise on Unix operating system skills, Installation, administration and troubleshooting.
• Experience should include capacity planning, performance tuning, storage management, back-up and recovery, managing schemas, report generation (awr / addm).
• Experienced in administerig oracle forms, reports and weblogic
• Operating system experience in Solaris and Linux.
• Oracle management tools (Data Guard, RMAN, Data pump).
• Good team player.
• Good problem solver, focused and dedicated developer with ability to work on your own as well as with a team.
• Hands on experience with DB standards
• Knowledge on Veritas Netbackup
• Must be a self-starter with a strong attention to detail.
• Should be comfortable with shifts (24/7)
|Key Accountability Area (KRAs)||• Maintain our SQL / PLSQL processes.
• Ensure DB availability.
• Design, develop, implement and maintain core Oracle applications.
• Proactively manage and maintain security standards and controls.
• Actively seek to optimise and simplify our architecture.
• Take ownership of performance and capacity monitoring aspects of the DB.
• Execution of data migration jobs and scripts as required.
• Assist the infrastructure team in sizing hardware used for the DB.
• Support and collaborate with product developers.
• Contribute to the creation and maintenance of disaster recovery plans.
• Create a reliable backup strategy. Ensure database backups are appropriately executed and periodic restorations are exercised to ensure backup quality.
• Determine and document DB policies, procedures and standards.
• Performance testing and evaluation to ensure data security, privacy and integrity. Identification of bottle necks and deadlock issues.
• Ensure SLA’s, working as necessary with internal and external support functions when major incidents occur.
• Should have excellent proven Administrative knowledge on Unix ( Solaris / Linux ).
|Experience||Looking for an engineer with 5-7 years of relevant Experience.|
|Technical||• Primarily looking for a Administrator with Database & OS administration expertise.
• Database handson expertise with Oracle, My SQL optionally MS SQL.
• Good enough experience on Unix ( Solaris & Linux)
• Ready to work in rotational shifts
• Multi skilled to adopt & deliver various Technical opportunities