Dinesh Lal is a shipping professional with more than 4 decades of experience in the Shipping Industry. He is renowned for his astute knowledge about Shipping Industry. His Management skills and entrepreneurial spirit has driven many conglomerates to achieve pinnacle of success during his tenure.
In the 45 years that he has been in the industry, he has held various positions and earned experience in the following areas :
- Liner Shipping
- Ship Agency
- Project Cargo Transportation
- Ship Manning
- Port & Container Terminal Management
- Container Freight Station & Depots
- Freight forwarding
Notable contributions have been made by him to the growth and establishment of multiple ventures in India & abroad.
- Group Director-India, A P Moller-Maersk
- Chairman – Gateway Terminals India Pvt Ltd
- Director – Maersk Lanka
- Director – Gujarat Pipavav Port Ltd
- Director – Pipavav Railway Corporation Ltd
- Managing Director – Safmarine
His negotiation skill and people skill has made him the ideal choice for many associations and boards.
- Mumbai Port Trust – Trustee
- Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust – Trustee
- Mumbai & Nhava Sheva Ship Intermodal Agents Association – President
- EU Chamber of Commerce – President
- Indo- Belgium – Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce – President
- Shipping Sub Committee-Bombay Chamber of Commerce and Industry – Chairman
His ability to foresee opportunities coupled with experience in establishing new entities has been the reason for many first of kind ventures in past.
- Safmarine – Container Shipping Company
- Octopus Projects and Transport – A trucking company
- Express Ocean Terminal Services – A container terminal management company
- Express Repair Services – A state of the art container repair and storage facility
- Barwil India – A joint venture with W.Wilhemson group of Norway
- AMI Global – A Logistics and Supply Chain management company
- Exmar India – A J V with CMB group in Belgium, formerly known as Tecto India
- Delta Port and Ship Management Services – J V with Sea Containers in Singapore
He played a pivotal role in creating a mutually beneficial ground between companies and government bodies. Some of the famed quasi government projects in India were established under his guidance and participation.
- Setting up CFS in Mumbai which spread over an area of 56,000 sq. metres.
- Forming of joint venture between Maersk and CONCOR for the Dadri Project as well as Gateway Terminals India Pvt. Ltd.
- Involved in the JNPT 3rd terminal contract right from the time of bidding.
Currently, he is a Member of the Board of J. K. Helene Curtis Ltd and Raymonds. He is also Chairman of the Chembur Golf Welfare Foundation.