Gati Leadership Team
G.S. Ravi Kumar
Chief Information Officer
“G.S. Ravi Kumar has 27 plus years experience in the field of Information Technology. Has worked
extensively in service & manufacturing industries in various
organisations in senior roles. Prior to joining Gati Limited he worked as General Manager’
Information Technology, heading the Indian IT operation for a Multinational,
SHV Energy India Ltd., the world largest LPG Company. He is associated with Gati Limited in the
capacity of Chief Information Officer for the last 16 plus years.
During his tenure he has played a major role in transforming the entire IT system of Gati
Limited to be at par with best in the industry. He was involved in developing
a Software Product called “Gati Enterprise Management System”‘ GEMS a custom developed ERP for
the Express Cargo industry and also an unique and innovative mobile
- Has been awarded the “Champion CIO” in the Year 2005 for less than Rs.1000 Crore
companies in India across industries by CIOL & Dataquest
- He has also figured in the 50 Power CIO’s list (50 Indian Tech Gurus) of Dataquest of
- He has figured in the 100 CIO Powerlist – 2008 in India in Jan-Feb issue of CIO Decision
an IT magazine of Indian Express Group.
- Has been awarded the “Champion CIO” in the Year 2009 for less than Rs.1000 Crore
companies in India across industries by CIOL & Dataquest.
- Was awarded “CIO – Ingenious 100” in 2009 organised by CIO Magazine (IDG Media Group).
- Won the NASSCOM – CNBC “IT User Award – 2009” for the logistics vertical.
- Was awarded “CTO of the Year 2010 – Second Runner Up” by CTO Forum.
- Was awarded “CIO – Agile 100” in 2010 organised by CIO Magazine (IDG Media Group).
- Was awarded “EDGE – 2010” for Enterprise Mobility by Information Week
- Was awarded “EDGE – 2011” Video Conferencing by Information Week.
- Was awarded “India’s 100 Most Respected CIO Award” for 2011 by CIO Association of India
- Was awarded “CI0 -100″ for the year 2012 organised by CIO Magazine (IDG Media Group).”
- Was awarded “Dataquest Business Technology Excellence Awards 2012 & Business
Technology Innovation Awards 2012 – Category – Mobility”
- Was awarded “CI0 -100″ for the year 2013 organised by CIO Magazine (IDG Media Group).”
& CIO HALL OF FAME – 2013
- Was awarded – Dataquest Business Technology Awards 2015 ” Category -” MOBILITY” for the
- Was awarded CIO POWER LIST 2015 – ” LOGISTICS ICON” for the year 2015.
- Was awarded CIO POWER LIST 2016 – ” LOGISTICS ICON” for the year 2016.
- Was awarded CIO POWER LIST 2016 – ” DIGITAL ICON” for the year 2016.
- Was awarded India’s Best CIO’s 2016 “Top 50 Honoree” by CAI CIO Association of India.
- Was awarded Netmagic Re-innovation Awards 2016 for “Excellence in Mobility Deployment”.
Chief Group Human Resource, BSG and Vigilance Officer
Pavel Chopra is our Chief Group Human Resource, Business Support Group (BSG) and Vigilance
Officer and is responsible for leading HR priorities and developing HR initiatives across all of
Gati’s businesses. In this role, his focus includes aligning Gati’s People strategy with
business objectives, building a culturally aligned and diverse organization, talent development
& management and implementing effective and contemporary HR policies & systems.
With more than 16 years of experience in HR, Pavel has contributed to various aspects of people
management in both business and corporate roles, including Employee Relations, Compensation
& Benefits, Organization Capability Building and M&A integration.
Pavel started his career with GE Capital India and later moved to GE Capital International
Services (later renamed as Genpact). He worked with Genpact for over a decade and handled
multiple responsibilities across many business and corporate roles. His last role in Genpact was
Compensation & Benefits Leader for Genpact India. He then moved to Birla Sun Life Insurance
to set up its Compensation & Benefit function and later moved to Sony Entertainment
Television Network as the Senior HR Business Partner.
Pavel earned a PGCHRM from XLRI, Jamshedpur, Masters in Computer Science from IGNOU and a
bachelor’s degree in Commerce from Delhi University.
Pavel is an avid non-fiction reader, loves traveling and enjoys watching unconventional movies