G.S. Ravi Kumar
Chief Information Officer
G.S. Ravi Kumar is an IT leader with 30 plus years of demonstrated experience in strategizing, planning,developing and implementing cutting edge information technology solutions to address business opportunities. He has worked extensively in service & manufacturing industries in senior roles. Prior to joining Gati Limited he headed the Indian IT operations for a multinational, SHV Energy India Ltd., the world largest LPG Company. He has been associated with Gati Limited as Chief Information Officer for over 19 years.
During his tenure, he has played a major role in transforming the entire IT system of Gati Limited to be on par with the best in the industry. He was involved in successfully developing and implementing “Gati Enterprise Management System – GEMS”, a custom-developed ERP product for the Express Cargo industry, which is rated very highly in terms of technology & robustness and is considered a pioneering initiative in this industry.
He has been credited with quite a few unique, innovative,cost-effective IT implementations in the country, spread across multiple technologies. Many of these implementations have figured as case studies in various IT magazines & websites.
He is a prominent personality in the IT industry, and his recognitions, accolades and awards include:
- “Champion CIO” in the Year 2005 for less than Rs.1000 Crore companies in India across industries by CIOL & Dataquest
- Figured in the 50 Power CIOs list (50 Indian Tech Gurus) of Dataquest of Nov’08 issue.
- Figured in the 100 CIO Powerlist-2008 in India in Jan-Feb issue of CIO Decision, an IT magazine of Indian Express Group.
- “Champion CIO” in the Year 2009 for less than Rs.1000 Crore companies in India across industries by CIOL & Dataquest.
- “CIO-Ingenious 100” in 2009 organized by CIO Magazine(IDG Media Group).
- NASSCOM – CNBC “IT User Award-2009” for the Logistics vertical.
- “CTO of the Year 2010 -Second Runner Up” by CTO Forum at Dublin.
- “CIO-Agile 100” in 2010 organized by CIO Magazine (IDG Media Group).
- “EDGE-2010” for Enterprise Mobility by Information Week.
- “EDGE-2011” Video Conferencing by Information Week.
- “India’s 100 Most Respected CIO Award” for 2011 by CIO Association of India.
- “CI0-100 for the year 2012 organized by CIO Magazine (IDG Media Group).”
- “Dataquest Business Technology Excellence Awards 2012”.
- “Business Technology Innovation Awards 2012”- Category Mobility
- “CI0-100 for the year 2013″organized by CIO Magazine (IDG Media Group)
- “CIO HALL OF FAME-2013” organized by CIO Magazine (IDG Media Group)
- Dataquest Business Technology Awards 2015: Category -“MOBILITY” for the year 2015
- CIO POWER LIST 2015 -“LOGISTICS ICON” for the year 2015 by CORE Media
- CIO POWER LIST 2016 – “LOGISTICS ICON” for the year 2016 by CORE Media
- CIO POWER LIST 2016 -“DIGITAL ICON” for the year 2016 by CORE Media
- Netmagic Re-innovation Awards 2016 for “Excellence in Mobility Deployment”.
- “Indias Best CIOs – Top 50 Honoree – 2016” by DELL EMC & CIO Association of India.
- “Innovative CIO -17” by Bitstream Media Works
- “CIO of the Year Award 2017 for Category – Transport & Logistics” by BSE – CIO Klub
- “CIO Powerlist 2017 award for Category – Transport & Logistics Icon” by CORE Media
- “Intelligent Enterprise Award 2017 , Category- Enterprise Mobility” presented by Express Computer
- “CIO Powerlist 2018 award for Category -Transport & Logistics Icon” by CORE Media
- “CIO Powerlist 2019 award for Category – Cloud Icon” by CORE Media